iPhone 6 and iWatch: Good and Bad News
When will iWatch come out? How much will Apple?s wearable computer cost? Will iPhone 6 feature a sapphire screen? Economic Daily edition set to answering all of these questions claiming they have obtained valuable insider information.
According to the newspaper, Apple has enough sapphire glass to fit iWatch, a computerized watch, and the 5.5-inch models of iPhone 6 with it. The version of the new flagship with a 4.7-inch screen will use Corning Gorilla Glass traditional for smartphones.
As we know, 2 modifications of iPhone 6 with 4.7 – and 5.5-inch screens will be released. The first model is expected to go on sale in September, and the larger one is expected to come out at the end of the year. According to the source, Apple intends to increase the price of the larger modification because of the high price of sapphire. Moreover, iPhones 6 with a 5.5-inch screen will be in short supply until the end of the year because of the limited supply of sapphire panels.
Speaking of iWatch, Economic Daily confirmed the information reported recently that Apple?s original watch will be officially announced in the third quarter of 2014. The gadget will cost $349.
- The model with a 4.7-inch screen will continue featuring Corning Gorilla Glass.
- LG Display and Japan Display will supply the 4.7-inch screens. No supply problems are expected.
- The scope of initial shipments of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 is expected to reach 60 million units.
- The screen of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will be protected with sapphire crystal. There are supply problems expected; limited supply of the model will be notable until the end of 2014.
- Apple?s smart watch will come out at the end of the third quarter of 2014.
- iWatch will feature components by Largan, Foxconn, Pegatron, Quanta, Inventec and F-TPK.
- iWatch will feature an OLED-display; the present prototype can not boast of long battery life.
- ?iWatch will cost $349, the scope of initial shipments will reach 10 million units.